I try to keep this list up to date but often fail. My Google Scholar profile is probably the best place to see what I have been up to most recently.
- Najibi, N., N. Devineni, M. Lu, and R.A. Perdigão, 2019, “Coupled flow accumulation and atmospheric blocking govern flood duration”, npj Climate and Atmospheric Science, 2(1), 19, doi:10.1038/s41612-019-0076-6. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41612-019-0076-6
[**Highlighted on journal website by the Editor-in-Chief, and several news outlets and agencies across the nation and world, including Science Daily, Phys.org, United Nation Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UN-DRR) Prevention Web, Homeland Security News Wire, US-CLIVAR, Smart Water Magazine, CUNY SUM, The Water Network, Times of India].
- Najibi, N. and N. Devineni, 2018, “Recent trends in the frequency and duration of global floods”, Earth System Dynamics, 9, 757–783, doi:5194/esd-9-757-2018. https://doi.org/10.5194/esd-9-757-2018
- Najibi, N., N. Devineni, and M. Lu, 2017, “Hydroclimate drivers and atmospheric teleconnections of long duration floods: An application to large reservoirs in the Missouri River Basin”, Advances in Water Resources, 100, 153–167, doi:10.1016/j.advwatres.2016.12.004. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.advwatres.2016.12.004
- Najibi, N., S.G. Jin, and W.X. Rui, 2015, “Validating the variability of snow accumulation and melting from GPS reflected signals: Forward modeling”, IEEE Transactions on Antenna and Propagation, 63(6), 2646–2654, doi:10.1109/TAP.2015.2414950. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2015.2414950
- Jin, S.G. and N. Najibi, 2014, “Sensing snow height and surface temperature variations in Greenland from GPS reflected signals”, Advances in Space Research, 53(11), 1623–1633, doi:10.1016/j.asr.2014.03.005. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.asr.2014.03.005
[**Listed in the most cited published articles in the Elsevier journal of Advances in Space Research since 2014].
- Jahandideh, S., A. Azizi, and N. Najibi, 2014, “Numerical evaluation and application-oriented analysis for forward and inverse rational function models of a terrain-independent case in satellite imagery”, Geodesy and Cartography, 40(3), 99–109, doi:10.3846/20296991.2014.962731. http://doi.org/10.3846/20296991.2014.962731
- Najibi, N. and S.G. Jin, 2013, “Physical reflectivity and polarization characteristics for snow and ice-covered surfaces interacting with GPS signals”, Remote Sensing, 5(8), 4006–4030, doi:10.3390/rs5084006. http://doi.org/10.3390/rs5084006
- Najibi, N. and R. Arabsheibani, 2013, “Snow-covered surface variability and DEM generation using aerial photogrammetry in Mount Odin, Canada”, Geodesy and Cartography, 39(3), 113–120, doi:10.3846/20296991.2013.823704. http://doi.org/10.3846/20296991.2013.823704
- Najibi, N. and A. Abedini, 2013, “A New approach to update urban digital maps using high-resolution satellite images and GIS tools (Case study: Beijing City)”, Earth Science India Journal, 6 (02), 62–69.
- Najibi, N., A. Abedini, and R. Arabsheibani, 2013, “Harmonic decomposition tidal analysis and prediction based on astronomical arguments and nodal corrections in the Persian Gulf, Iran”, Research Journal of Environmental and Earth Sciences, 5(07), 381–392.
- Najibi, N., A. Abedini, and H. Najibi, 2013, “Analysis of sea ice leads in Baffin Island Sea using spaced based infrared remote sensing data and mathematical hydrological models”, International Journal of Geosciences Research, 1(01), 1–11.
- Najibi, N., and S.G. Jin, 2015, “Surface reflectance characteristics and snow surface variations from GNSS reflected signals”, in S. Jin (Ed.), Satellite Positioning: Methods, Models and Applications, InTech-Publisher, Rijeka, Croatia, ISBN: 978-953-51-1738-4, pp. 187–203. http://doi.org/10.5772/58886
- Nasser Najibi, “Hydroclimate Drivers and Atmospheric Dynamics of Floods”, Ph.D. Dissertation, Department of Civil Engineering, The City College of New York, City University of New York, New York, USA, July 2019.
- Nasser Najibi, “Snow Depth and Surface Temperature Variability from Ground GPS Observations”, M.Sc. Thesis, Shanghai Astronomical Observatory, University of Chinese Academy of Science, Shanghai, CHINA, May 2014. [in English]
- Nasser Najibi, “Climate Change and Global Warming Analysis using GIS Tools”, Capstone Project Report, School of Surveying and Geospatial Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Tehran, Tehran, IRAN, July 2011. [in Persian]
Conference Proceedings and Presentations (selected):
- Najibi, N. and N. Devineni, “Joint modeling of flood volume, duration and peak across the United States: Role of hydrogeomorphological drivers”, AGU Fall Meeting, December 10-14, 2018, Washington, D.C., USA. http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2018AGUFM.H52B..04N
- Mazor, A., N. Najibi, and N. Devineni, “Understanding the spatial organization of precipitation extremes”, AGU Fall Meeting, December 10-14, 2018, Washington, D.C., USA. http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2018AGUFM.H42H..07M
- Najibi, N., M. Lu, and N. Devineni, “Coupled land-atmosphere dynamics govern long duration floods: A pilot study in Missouri River Basin using a bayesian hierarchical model”, AGU Fall Meeting, December 11-15, 2017, New Orleans, LA, USA. http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2017AGUFM.A43I2587N
- Najibi, N. and N. Devineni, “Structure and dynamics of floods in the upper Delaware River Basin: An integrated seasonal forecasting system for New York City reservoirs”, AGU Fall Meeting, December 12-16, 2016, San Francisco, CA, USA. http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2016AGUFMNG32A..05N
- Najibi, N. and N. Devineni, “Hydro-climatological assessment of New York City water supply management: Towards a sustainable seasonal inflow forecast based on climate indices and water releases and storages”, NOAA EPP/MSI 8th Biennial Education and Science Forum, August 28-31, 2016, New York, NY, USA. http://www.noaacrest.org/eppforum2016/technical-agenda/
- Najibi, N. and N. Devineni, “Spatiotemporal properties of floods and extreme hydro-climatological characteristics for large reservoirs in Missouri River Basin”, AGU Fall Meeting, December 14-18, 2015, San Francisco, CA, USA. http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2015AGUFMNH51E1942N
- Jin, S.G. and N. Najibi, “Surface scattering characteristics and snow accumulating-melting behaviors from GNSS-Reflectometry”, Proceedings of Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium (PIERS), pp. 1405-1409, ISSN 1559-9450, August 25-28, 2014, Guangzhou, China.
- Jin, S.G. and N. Najibi, “GPS snow surface thermometer: Surface thermal transmission and estimation”, Proceedings of General Assembly and Scientific Symposium of the International Union of Radio Science, pp. 1–4, doi:10.1109/URSIGASS.2014.6929591, August 16-23, 2014, Beijing, China.
- Najibi, N. and S.G. Jin, “Integrated measurements of snow depth and air temperature from GPS receivers in Northern Canada”, International Symposium on Changes in Glaciers and Ice Sheets (ISCGIS13), International Glaciological Society, 28 July-2 August 2013, Beijing, China.
- Najibi, N. and S.G. Jin, “Snow depth and ice thickness retrieval in Northern Canada from GPS code-phase difference multipath signals”, International Symposium on Space Geodesy and Earth System (SGES2012), August 18-20, 2012, Shanghai, China.
- Najibi, N. and A. Abedini, “Analyzing and simulation of Underwater Digital Terrain Model (UDTM) using Airborne LiDAR Hydrography (ALH) technique for hydrological and floods risks assessment”, Proceedings of 31st Canadian Symposium on Remote Sensing, pp. 29–32, June 1-5 2010, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Delavar, M.R. and N. Najibi, “Monitoring GIS analysis and simulations of natural and anthropogenic digital terrain change impacts on eater and sediment transport in the agricultural farms”, ISPRS WG VIII/6, Proceedings of ISPRS Impact of Climate Change on Agriculture (ICCA2009), ISRO, Paper ID: 84, December 17-18, 2009, pp. 51–54, ISSN: 1682-1777, Ahmedabad, India.